1. What and whose personal data and information does FOODAKAI collect?
FOODAKAI collects and processes information about the visitor of the site, the user of the FOODAKAI System and his affiliation. More specifically we collect:
- Information about your computer and how you use our website and the FOODAKAI System. This includes information about your IP, your location, your device, the browser that you are using, the time that you spend on the system and information about your navigation in the FOODAKAI System.
- Your personal data and company information, including but not limited to, your first name, last name, title, employer, telephone number, email address, company name, company address, sector and company’s web site.
- Information that is related to any transactions that you may have with the website and the FOODAKAI System and specifically the information that is necessary for any agreement entered regarding the use of the FOODAKAI System.
FOODAKAI does not collect any sensitive information about individuals and organizations or companies.
2. How and why does FOODAKAI collect it?
FOODAKAI collects personal information to provide personalized services for the scope of your business or for your professional activity, such as personalized dashboards, or the alarms FOODAKAI sends to your email. Therefore, we may collect some of your personal data in order:
- to relate to you as a professional for the scope of your business,
- to communicate with you for support, marketing and promotional purposes,
- for invoicing purposes when your organization or Company enters an agreement with us.
FOODAKAI collects and processes Company information mainly for:
- company profiling reasons that help FOODAKAI provide the best services to the company and the user,
- contractual and payment purposes.
FOODAKAI may also collect food safety and quality data of the organization or the Company, upon consent. The data are collected and processed to:
- allow the generation of statistics and risk estimations,
- allow the comparison of the internal trends with public trends.
3. How does FOODAKAI store and process information and data?
FOODAKAI collects personal data of the user and information about the organization or the Company in several ways, such as:
- The user enters the information using a form e.g. https://app.foodakai.com/users/sign_up
- the user provides us with his/her personal data in person or on-line using a form for the reason it will be used for,
- information available publicly on line that contains the data of the user and/or about the organization or the Company.
FOODAKAI stores personal data using a secure SSL connection and in a protected database and is only processed to provide you with personalized services, in addition to promotional purposes if you have agreed for FOODAKAI to use your data for such purposes.
FOODAKAI also stores and processes organization or company data (Company name, company sector, number of plants, number of employees, TAX ID, company address) in a safe and secure environment mainly for contract and invoicing purposes.
In order to ensure more efficient services, FOODAKAI, processes the data of the user and the organization or company to automate processes such as:
- build user and company profile,
- estimation of the risk for the products that the user has created,
- estimation of trends for the risk of the company’s product that the user has created,
- sending automated alarms based on user preference,
- sending reminders about the status of their account email e.g. account expiration.
4. How does FOODAKAI protect Company information and personal data?
FOODAKAI has put in place a number of appropriate security measures to protect the personal data and Company or organization information stored and processed to prevent them from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. In FOODAKAI, we use the following mechanisms to ensure that your personal data and company information is and will remain safe:
- All the communications with FOODAKAI and information/data are transmitted over an encrypted connection using HTTPs (SSL).
- All the data is stored in password and firewall protected servers.
- All our systems are protected using firewall that is provided by the cloud service providers.
- All the Passwords are stored in an encrypted form in the database and no one can view or retrieve the password.
- All the personal and company information is stored in a password and firewall protected database.
FOODAKAI has all the processes and measures to ensure that your data will be safe. We use the cloud service providers that have the most robust processes and technologies and apply the highest security standards and mechanisms to ensure that data and information will be safe. Our service providers have monitoring services in case optimal practices for secure data storage and processing are not followed. At FOODAKAI, we ensure that we are taking every possible measure to have all the processes in place to secure the personal data and company information.
- Back up of the data in password and firewall protected servers.
- Application of encryption mechanisms to all communications.
- Monitoring that the security mechanisms used by service providers are followed.
- Informing all the team and the affected end users and customers in case of a security issue.
5. Does anyone else besides FOOAKAI have access to any of your data and information?
FOODAKAI transfers some of the information obtained by you, as a user and the organization or company with third parties who process them in order to optimize the FOODAKAI system and provide you with custom made services tailored to your needs. FOODAKAI primarily transfers information about the organization or the Company and keeps personal data safe in our records. FOODAKAI uses third parties for the following services not yet supplied by us:
- Cloud and hosting services
- Email sending services
- Online payment service
- Analytics services
- Online chat services
- CRM services
- Internet security.
These services perform essential activities such as:
- Analytics: FOODAKAI uses Analytics systems that help us understand and improve how you use the FOODAKAI website and System. These systems are using information stored in Cookies but also information such as the username which is shared encrypted and therefore anonymously with these systems using their Application Programming Interface (web APIs).
- Payment processing: In order to make the process faster and safer for you, FOODAKAI uses third party services to receive payments over the internet. These systems provide the technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate on-line payment systems. We share with these system your tax (VAT, tax ID) and financial information (amount to be paid, amount due).
- Customer Relationship: In our attempt to constantly improve upon our on-line communication, we use a web-based customer relationship management system where we store the information you and the organization or Company provide us, including our communication history.
- Information required by Law and Governments: FOODAKAI may also share information as required by any law, regulation and governmental request that may apply in your jurisdiction.
- Enriching your data: If you so request, FOODAKAI may share information with third parties or other systems that you are using because you would like to share with them some or all of the organization or Company data you store in our system.
The personal data and company information that FOODAKAI collects is stored in Cloud services provided by third parties located in the E.U. or elsewhere. FOODAKAI collaborates with third parties that may be using servers outside Europe and ensure a level of data protection at least as protective as that of the country you reside in. If you reside within the EU region they ensure that they provide the same level of protection as required in the EU or recognized by the European Commission to be providing an adequate level of protection, including compliance with the approved standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. Although the list of third parties we collaborate with is not published here, we can you provide such information upon request to [email protected].
Cookie application and usage are nowadays considered to be an industry standard and are used by the majority of professional web sites, as a means of improving the user’ s experience. It is important for you to know that cookies are saved at the user’ s hard drive and they include basic contact information and browsing history. They also help us count the users by keeping their identity anonymous, provide information of the number of visits per sub-page, measure the usage volume of our website and optimize the performance of various functions of the FOODAKAI website.
We would like you to know that the cookies we use for anonymous website usage data are session-based cookies that help us improve the structure and functionality of our web site and help you when you log in to upload and manage your datasets easily and effectively. At all times, you can refuse the collection and storage of above data for the future and change your web browser settings to reject cookies or prompt you each time a website wishes to add a cookie to your browser. If you do, please know that some functionality on the website may be affected by this.
FOODAKAI uses only standard session cookies to:
- facilitate your registration and auto filling parts of information.
- facilitate your login by remembering user’s information.
The data FOODAKAI collects from cookies remain anonymous and are not and will not be used to identify you and relate you to your personal data and will only be used for FOODAKAI’ s purposes.
There is an option for you to allow the use of certain cookies, or not allow cookies at all. If you want to withdraw your consent to our use and delete cookies that have already been set, you can set your browser settings, found usually in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu. More information about cookies can be found at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Retrieve information from your computer other than the one related to using the FOODAKAI app.
- Share the information about using the FOODAKAI app with third parties.
It is a generally applied practice and most of the web browsers by default are accepting cookies. You are always able to disable cookies but you should be aware that some parts of the FOODAKAI will not be fully functional.
The general expiry date for our cookies is upon termination of our communication and/ or collaboration. They remain for the duration of the time we keep a record of your data and company information.
7. How can you protect your rights for the data processed and stored at FOODAKAI?
You have various rights regarding how FOODAKAI uses your personal data:
Right to be informed.
You can at any point reqeust to be fully informed about which data we have and the processes FOODAKAI follows. FOODAKAI is obliged to provide you with all the information about our services, vendors and third parties upon request.
Right to access.
You can access and update the personal data that is collected by FOODAKAI by clicking on the “My account” link that is available at the user icon on the top right corner of the user interface. You may request at any point to acceess any or all your personal data by sending an email to [email protected] with the exception of the data that relates to the organization or the Company. The data will be provided to you using a secured method.
Right of erasing your data.
You can erase your data at any point using the FOODAKAI system’s relevant operations or by simple submitting a request to [email protected]. We will proceed to the removal of all your data unless we have to keep a secure copy of data that are required according to tax or other legal provisions.
Right to limit processing.
FOODAKAI processes your data to analyse the usage of the system and to provide personalized services. You can request us to block, erase and restrict your personal data by submitting a request to [email protected] unless there is a legal ground for FOODAKAI to process some or all.
Right for accuracy.
FOODAKAI intends to keep your personal data accurate, current and complete at all times. If any of the personal data we keep is not, please contact us at [email protected] in order to keep your data up-to-date.
Right to data portability.
You can request for a copy of your personal data to be further transferred by submitting a request to [email protected].
Right to restrict automated decision making based on your data.
You can request to not to be subject to automated decision making by submitting a request to [email protected].
Right to object and be forgotten.
At any time you can object to the way that FOODAKAI is storing and processing personal and company information by sending us an email to [email protected].
If you wish to exclude your information from our databases you should contact us at [email protected]. You can always unsubscribe from a promotional email using the “Unsubscribe” option at the end of the email message.
8. How long is data stored and why?
- FOODAKAI will keep the data for 5 years unless you explictly request the delete of the data.
- FOODAKAI will keep company information also after the end of the subscription to facilitate the re-activation of company’s subscription unless you object.
- The user has the right to have his personal data deleted and the organization or company has the right and the ability to delete the company data at any point and to download or request a copy of all the data unless there is legal groung for any information to remain in a safe record, as required by any law, regulation and governmental request that may apply in your jurisdiction.